One of the greatest benefits of IO-Link is Auto-Device Replacement, or using Data Storage on an IO-Link master. If the user saves an IO-Link device’s parameters in the IO-Link master, they can easily replace the device if failed or damaged. But what about the IO-Link master itself?
Comtrol has developed a feature called Clone Configuration which allows the user to completely back up a Comtrol IO-Link master. This is extremely useful in the following cases:
- The user wants to back up a current IO-Link master or program a back up unit
- Mass commissioning of IO-Link systems, quicker installation of duplicate masters
Under the Configuration section of the Comtrol IO-Link master web page, click on Load/Save. The user will then have the option to select which data they want to back up-
- IOLM Gateway Configuration- which includes all block settings configured
- Data Storage Contents- saved data for devices configured by port
- IODD Files- loaded to the Comtrol IO-Link master IODD file library
When loading an IO-Link Master configuration file, the user will also have the option to select which settings are loaded.