Position: Accounting Manager
Job Classification: Professional
As an experienced Accounting Manager you will be responsible for the management and administration of the accounting department, including budgets and forecasts, internal reporting, asset accounting, expense administration, fixed assets and payroll. This is a great opportunity to collaborate with our teams in other locations to utilize both your accounting background and knowledge.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Supervise and oversee all aspects of the accounting department including:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Credit Management
- Sets direction and priorities of accounting department, creates an environment for mutual accountability.
- Performs the month end close process and validates the integrity of the financial statements.
- Monitors account reconciliations, cash, prepaids and accrueds.
- Conducts the year end audit.
- Reviews all accounts payable invoices, matching check to invoice before payment is issued.
- Monitors collections and delinquent customers and assists in reconciling accounts.
- Creates a record of electronic payments.
- Reviews expense reports prior to payment.
- Conducts fixed asset maintenance and review.
- Maintains detailed records and prepares communications and reports as needed.
- Interacts professionally on a regular basis with staff, vendors and the general public.
- Directs staff job results by coaching, training, counseling, and disciplining employees, and planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of seven years of related experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the use of the intranet and internet.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to read, write and interpret reports and business correspondence for a diverse audience.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate a high attention to detail and good follow-up skills.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with public and staff in a personable and professional manner.
- Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
- Ability to work alongside other employees within all levels of the organization.
- Open to change and new ideas.
- Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills.
- Master’s degree or CPA.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
Interested? Please e-mail [email protected]